Customized Executive Search
Snowden Associates has a reputation for excellence and integrity in its Customized Executive Search process. And for good reason. We have performed countless successful searches in a confidential and personal manner.
Our search consultants are experts in locating, screening, assessing and recommending highly qualified candidates for corporate clients. Len Rishkofski, our President/CEO, leads our search practice and brings over three decades of industry experience in search, staffing and human resources.
We conduct searches for all levels of positions, including executive, senior/middle management and professionals. Representative search assignments include the following industries:
- Bio Tech
- Financial Services
- High Tech
- Software Development
- State Government
Snowden truly understands each corporate client's products and services, leadership style, culture, and position requirements, allowing us to bring focus and clarity to the search effort. We combine that focus with a careful assessment of candidates to ensure a good "position fit" a productive employee with a high probability of retention.
Read on to learn about the advantages of Customized Executive Search in comparison to contingency search.
Who are we?
Regional firm with a local focus
- Top ten provider of Executive Search services region wide
- 7 offices to serve you
- Experienced consultants
Key Operating Principles
- All business is personal and local
- Business is based on a relationship built on mutual trust and respect.
- Once a client retains Snowden, the consultant and researcher becomes the client in the eyes of the 100 to 200 potential candidates and sources who are likely to be involved in the various stages of the process.
Versed in Current Technology
Information technology provides a tool which improves responsiveness and reduces candidate generation cycle time.
- Our addition of video conferencing allows us to cost effectively, personally interview, our candidates regardless of their location.
- As an international firm we are large enough to achieve the critical mass necessary for both diversity of assignments and synergy in our approach.
- Snowden manages every search engagement as a custom consulting project tailored to meet the specific needs of the client's organization, giving special attention to the management style, strategic objectives and corporate culture.
We are in the Executive Search Business; our search team has no other responsibilities but search so we can concentrate on the task at hand, bringing the “right fit” for the position. “We bring people, not resumes!”
- We are a Generalist firm; we are just as comfortable filling positions from senior professionals, mid-level managers, Directors to Senior Leaders
The Snowden network is extensive:
Len’s personal network
- Personal President contacts: 107, these are resources and networking contacts
- Business Contacts – 750 +, resources and networking contacts
- Founder: SFA-NNE – Senior Financial Association – Northern New England – 189 members
- This is a group of Finance leaders that meets quarterly. You must be Asst. Controller or above to be a member.
- Founder: SENG-NE – Senior Executive Networking Group - New England: 867 members
o This is a networking group that meets monthly. Need to be Director or above to join. All titles, all industries.
- Founder: SHRF – Senior Human Resource Forum: 380
o This is a networking group that meets quarterly. Need to be the
o d HR person in your company. All titles, all industries.
- LinkedIn: 1561 Connections
Snowden Associates network
o National network of Senior executives, 100+ salary to belong
- ACG –Association for Corporate Growth
o 13,000 members organized in 56 chapters throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
- FEI – Financial Executives International 30,000 members worldwide
- FENG – Financial Executives Networking Group 20,000+ members nationwide
- TENG – Financial Executives Networking Group 10,000+ members nationwide
So, what is Snowden Associates success ratio?
Two Key Elements of a Search
- Develop an Understanding of the Organization
- Define the Position and Profile
Physical Elements of a Search
- Initiate Research
- Contact Potential Candidates and Sources
- Confer with the Client on Candidates
- Candidate Interview Phase
- Candidate Offer Phase
- Conduct Follow-up
Develop an Understanding of the Organization.
- Fundamental, clearly necessary step
- Researching as much about the company and position as possible.
- Search Question Checksheet
- Create the “ideal candidate” profile
- Defining reality as it relates to “fit” is critical
Define the Position and Profile
- Company job description
- We start with a formal job description provided by the client.
- Create search question check sheet
- Our goal here is to identify all the “intangibles,”
- Create Job Profile
- Create the Interview Checklist
- Research Department developing a research plans in close coordination with the consultant.
- This plan identifies target organizations in the same and related industries
- Internal, firm-wide research of Snowden resume database.
Contact Potential Candidates and Sources
- We will make contact with 100 to 200 individuals by telephone
- Initial phone screen, job profile
- Full phone screen, candidate checklist
- Personal Interviews
Confer with the Client
- Present our Market Findings Report
- Present Candidate Checklists and Resumes of 2 to 3 qualified candidates
- Client Interview Phase
- Set up interviews for the “short-list” of 2 to 3 candidates
Client Offer Phase
Our Goal is to provide a quality search that produces a candidate who “fits” the organization and we both can feel good about the process.